Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Book Review: Healing the Faith


 File Size: 881 KB
  • Print Length: 170 pages
  • Publisher: The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House (February 8, 2012)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B0077CCGCE
Amazon

Just saying “I do” was only the beginning for Alexia and Justin McNear. Now when their lives, loves, and faith are left in turmoil, they will have to fight even harder to heal themselves and their faith. Can two people already struggling help heal the communities they call home? How do you rebuild after the loss of a child? After suffering a tragedy, are these two lost to each other forever?

With all the church’s money missing, the hunt for the tyrant will take Mark, an exminister, Justin, and his twin cousins away from their secluded, gated community and into the real world while leaving their wives behind to pick up the pieces. Can Justin survive it again? Or will returning to the retreat that once abused him be his end?

Alexia, Madison, and Ginger will need to be strong and independent with their men gone. Left to raise their child alone, Alexia will make decisions that will affect their marriage and lives. Will they be the right ones?

Raised in a community where the men run everything, these three families will have to fight to survive the coming changes.

The temptations run high in this sequel to Mocked by Faith, but hope is not lost, and they will learn how to heal their faith.
I have read this book last year, months passed and I’d forgotten about this one, until I saw it in my Librarything Early Reviewers List..:)

I was so excited of reading this book since I’ve read the first one, “Mocked by Faith” which really hooked me up. But “Healing the Faith”, didn’t hit me as hard as the first one did.

I still like Ms. Richard’s writing, I still enjoyed the plot and the storyline <even if the characters are what really drive the story>, as well as the old characters and the new one. Each one is still distinct and the readers could relate too. There’s also enough room to know the new characters. And I really like it when the author makes use each of them, in this one, each has a vital role.

I still love Justin, the ever-loyal and caring husband, who even though was damaged by his past experiences, he still strives to be a good husband and to redeem his faith. But in this book, I am quite annoyed with Alexia, she’s whiny and selfish <she’s not really like this on the first book>. I understand that it’s normal for a wife to be a little depressed and angry when your husband leave you even if there’s a good reason behind it. But her behavior is over the line- it’s not so realistic- well, maybe if someone is that unstable when it comes to emotions.

Although the ending is a bit rushed, I enjoyed the action and the twist. The resolution at the end, makes reading the book worthwhile. I don’t think, there’s another sequel for this one. The story seems to have its final closure.

What just bothered me, *note this is my personal opinion*, even if for arguments sake, this is purely fiction, it seems that they worship angels, the 7 Archangels mentioned in the Bible, well that’s how I understand it. And yet they rely on the bible, then why worship something which is clearly not God. I’m a Christian, so I’m a little bit reactive on this issue. This was supposed to be a book with the theme faith and yet it reverts to that very idea. <I understand though that maybe some other religions have the same faith as this one, but really this made me not to really like this book>

All in all, disregarding the faith issue mentioned above, this is quite a good book about a young couple trying to heal not just their relationship but also their faith. 

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Listia

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com